“The first step to getting anywhere is to decide you are no longer willing to stay where you are.” -Anonymous
As a Public Speaker and Group Facilitator whose message is focused on healing from abuse and transforming the darkness within to the light of aliveness, the above quote has always touched my heart because of the simple truth that is within it: we ARE the designers of our own lives. Our lives are powered by the choices we make and in looking back over my life, I can see how every single choice has led me to the understanding that part of my purpose on this planet is to be of service and support to those who are leading the way. A leader in my own right, I also see and know the value of my skills and abilities, and how they are meant to be of service to the C-Level Management personnel who are changing this world.
After studying my resumé, Googling me, and visiting my website here, you may be wondering why a freelance Graphic Designer, Energy Healer, and Author would be looking for one job as YOUR assistant. Let me share with you why I am willing to hang up my variety of hats to come to work with you: I have been designed to support Executives, Presidents, and Owners because I know how to See them, Hear them, Read them, Honor them, Guide them, and Ease their burdens and when I am not doing this, I feel as though I am falling short on my purpose.
In one way or another, I have been assisting people and supporting them in reaching their greatness since I was a young girl. I have been in positions as administrative assistant, executive assistant, or office administrator for 95% of my time in corporate America, where I was earning around $45,000 annually at the time I left in September, 2009. In my last position, with ZetaBilt Construction, I was the only person in the office for a high-end design/build residential construction company and I was responsible for doing all financial aspects – AR/AP, Payroll, Quarterly Taxes, Monthly Reconciliations, etc – as well as running every aspect of the CEO’s life from travel, to event planning, to scheduling. When I left that realm to explore my entrepreneurial gifts as a healer and then on to graphic design, I continually found myself in the support position for other entrepreneurs – and loving it! I innately know how to be of support to those around me, I am confident as a point person, and I am able to quickly organize vast amounts of information.
I am a unique bird… a package of abilities ranging from my strengths of Intuitive Empath and Energy Healer to passionate Writer to perfectionistic Graphic Designer to genius Executive Assistant or Administrator with a knack for systems to an Entrepreneur capable of pristine time management. I am a Kind, Gentle, Loving human being who wants to see humanity succeed. Hiring me brings in someone who is able to create clarity and magnify integrity within a company, as well as someone who thrives in the company of others, while being open to feedback and being able to put her nose to the grindstone when needed.
Your need for an Executive Assistant matches up beautifully with my need to find the Executive who is searching for me. Let’s talk. I promise it will be worth it! Even if it is only for the great laughs we will share in that conversation. Because, although I may still be sometimes called foolish and stupid, I am good with that now since all this improving I have done has made me who I am today and who I am today crossed paths with you.
Angie K. Millgate
Some of matching qualification descriptors pulled directly from job listings I have perused:
- Highly Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Confident and proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator
- Strong organizational ability
- Great communicator – both oral and written
- Great attention to detail
- Proactive thinker
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and effectively prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable with monstrous Excel spreadsheets, data tracking
- Ability to have a flexible schedule if needed
- Ability to take direction from multiple departments with clear chain of command
- Possess excellent initiative, follow-up, multi-task, feedback and decision-making skills.
- Possess strong logic skills to critique data gathering, data analyses, and research methodologies
- Passion for research
- Able to focus intently
- Must have car for errands & clean driving record
- Expert in multi-tasking and has a proven track record of completing assignments on time
- Minimum 3 – 4 years Executive Assistant experience (I have 12)
- Professional, pleasant, flexible and a “will get done” attitude
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- A proven willingness and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize work to meet specific deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Capability to communicate and interact effectively with both internal and external contacts
- Ability to anticipate Executive’s needs
- Ability to be creative, innovative, adaptable and work independently
- Ability to learn new programs quickly and manage multiple applications at once
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent project planning, time management, and problem solving skills
- Team player who focuses on individual and organizational results
- Must have demonstrated a high level of professionalism and discretion in handling confidential information.